October 05, 2017

Green Arrow Rebirth #29 – Hard Traveling Hero Part 4

Green Arrow travels to Gotham in his mission to bring down the ninth circle and of course runs into the Dark Knight while infiltrating a Court of Owls human hunt. This issue continues the arc of having Ollie team up with a different leaguer each issue. The beginning shows us that Ollie knows the rich playboy scene but Bruce only fakes his part in it. I'm a huge fan of Juan Ferreyra's art and the darker direction he took it for this issue is so good. The argument between Bats and Ollie in the middle feels a bit forced but I really liked the moment of Bruce saying he can count on Ollie after saving a captive. I also love the conversation between them at the end with Bruce telling Ollie he needs allies and he needs the league. Still one of my favorite books and I am so heaps keen to finally see Ollie team up with Hal again in issue #30.